It’s time to get excited! You have been thinking about those moments you don’t ever want to forget and you have decided it is time to hire me to document them. Read through the client guide below to prepare yourself:
Please read through the entire contract as it will go through the copyright details, model release, deposits, waiver of liability, rescheduling, refunds, payment and photo archive. I want you to be fully aware of the conditions so we are all on the same page. Note: I do require all adult participants to read and sign the contract.
As soon as the contract is signed, the 50% deposit is due to secure your date. If I do not receive the deposit within 24 hours, I will send a reminder because life get’s busy but I will also not be able to guarantee the date selected anymore. Once I receive your deposit, your session date is booked and I will send an invoice over with the deposit total. The remainder of the session fee is due the day BEFORE your session. I will not be able to leave my house for your session if the remainder of the fee is not paid in full.
Getting to know you
I will ask you some questions to get to know you a little better…what favorite things you and your family do together; what places do you love to visit and explore. I’ll ask you how you met or what journey you’ve been on to bring you where you are today. You can tell me as little or as much as you want. But the more you open up the better I will be able to tell your story
Pinterest style boards
Deciding what to wear can be fun! I like to make it fun for you. I’ve put together some seasonal Pinterest styling boards that will give you a good idea of what colors go together well in what environment and for what we plan on doing together. I am always available to offer advice on the subject as well!
Methods of paymentCash or EMT to email@example.com
Let me capture YOUR story.
- When we arrive at the location of your session, we’ll exchange some introductions and I’ll let you know that we are going to be hanging out together and HAVING FUN! If you are a family, we will be playing tag, rolling down the hill, skipping rocks, flying a kite, blowing bubbles, bundling up under a blanket, cuddling and doing Eskimo kisses. All these things are what will draw you in close and encourage interaction. No sitting in a row and smiling for the camera required. We can certainly try, and I will ask at the beginning of the session but it’s not my goal. I want you to be connected with one another and I will simply be the onlooker. I don’t need you to be connected with me. This about you and your moments together! We will be using what’s called “prompts” not “posing“.
- For couples we will do many of the same things, maybe even more sillier and crazy because it’s all for the purpose of drawing a connection and eliciting real laughter and not the forced kind. Be prepared to get a little dirty, a little wet and to let the wind tangle all the hair!
- Lastly, we will plan on shooting near golden hour during the summer/fall months and that mean’s half an hour before sunset and usually half an hour in to give us enough time before blue hour (dusk) sets in. This is when the light is most warm and soft, and we can use sun flares and back lighting to tell your story. All God’s natural story-telling elements.
- WHAT TO BRING: Bring blankets (solid blankets or any blankets that will accent your wardrobe). Bring water, plenty of snacks for your little ones, favorite stuffies if they need to cuddle something, books, and backup wipes, outfits, keepsakes you want to include. Couples bring blankets, hats, flowers, keepsakes you want to include, props like a guitar or car/motorcycle. The list could keep going, but you get the jist!
Note from me
I work very hard to create images that reflect you and your family, while keeping in line with my artistic vision and creativity. I know you will want to share them and include a sneak-peek for that very reason. However, I ask that you simply link back to my blog/website/facebook page instead of right-clicking, saving, and sharing the image via your own page. I hope that you will respect not only my hard work, but the time, money, and dedication that I have put into training and equipment to capture these images for you. Please do not steal them.
- No cameras/camcorders/any type of recording device (this includes cell phone cameras) are allowed during the session unless prior arrangement has been made between client and photographer, including a written agreement. The photographer will not continue if there are other cameras or video taping during the session.
- Session starts at the agreed upon time. It is strongly encouraged that client arrives 15 minutes prior to the start of session. This allows for any last-minute feeding, changing, and relaxing before session begins.
- Please do not bring any children not being photographed to the session.
- Please make sure hair is combed and face is clean and free of runny noses or eyes.
- Please avoid eating or drinking red or orange food or drinks before session, as red and orange tend to leave a stain on the face.
Now that you are all ready to book your session, please follow the links below to complete the necessary paperwork and preparation work needed prior to your session. All linked pages are password protected and you will use the password I provide in your email to access them all.
- Complete the Contract and Model Release necessary for reserving your session date.
- Complete the Family and Couple Questionnaire or Family Film Questionnaire necessary for reserving your session date.
- Look through my Pinterest Style Boards for styling ideas. Look not only at the style itself but at the blend of colors and patterns.