September. When I was only into my second month of pregnancy and nausea was a daily battle. And because of that…loss of appetite. So keeping up a healthy weight meant trying to eat in smaller, less fragrant portions throughout the day and finally just chugging a meal replacement shake once or twice a day.
Am I thankful those days are over! So about a month ago already, I decided to celebrate my renewed appetite with a bake session – late in the evening – when it was still daylight until 9/930 and let Arial stay up to help me eat them afterwards. And I rarely bake…like never bake. But I saw this blueberry orange muffin recipe pop up in my Instagram feed one day and my mouth started watering, and the only way I was going to be able to taste them was to make them myself! So please forgive me if your mouth starts watering and you can’t do anything about it in this moment – I probably teased about half my Snapchat friends with photos of blueberry’s and muffin tins that night! 😀
I just have to say – Arial makes a pretty cute test taster – muah!!
Ingredients: 2 1/4 cups of flour, 1 tsp of baking powder, 1/2 tsp of baking soda, 1 cup of sugar, 1/3 cup of vegetable oil, 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of unflavored yogurt, 1/2 cup of orange juice, 2 Tbsp of grated orange zest, 1 cup of blueberries
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Grease or line a 12 cup muffin pan with paperliners
- Combine flour, baking powder and baking soda in a medium mixing bowl.
- Whisk sugar, oil, and eggs together in a separate large mixing bowl. Add yogurt, orange juice and zest.
- Add egg mixture to flour mixture stirring until just combined. Gently fold in berries.
- Fill prepared muffin cups.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean. Cool on wire rack